Wednesday, August 26, 2009

pre-middle school interview

With his first day of middle school just around the corner, I decided to conduct my first mother/son interview.

IMG_5111Mom:  Are you looking forward to beginning Middle School?  Why or why not?

Stephen:  Yes.  I think it will be exciting to start a new grade.

Mom:  Any subject you're a little freaked out about?

Stephen:  (with laughing)  Wordly Wise.

Mom:  Any subject you are really looking forward to learning about?

Stephen:  Probably math because it will be fun to do my lessons on the computer.  It will be fun to learn in a different way.

Mom:  Do you enjoy being educated at home, in your dining room?  You can be honest.

Stephen:  Yes, because I like being home where you can help me if I get stuck.  Also, a lot of my friends are home-schooled too so I don't feel as weird.

Mom:  What other things are you looking forward to in becoming a Middle Schooler?

Stephen:  Cross Current (youth ministry) and getting to attend things like Youth Advance, instead of just being a helper.  I'm also looking forward to being with my friends in Co-Op.

Mom:  Imagine that you are done Middle School and done High School and headed to college.  Is there anything right now, at age 11, that you think you might want to study?

Stephen:  The two would be architecture and pastoring, but architecture has the lead.

Mom:  Any advice for your 3rd Grade sister as it pertains to school?

Stephen:  Work hard because third grade is when school starts to get a little harder.

2 comments:

  1. Nice picture of Stephen. When did he become a pirate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is Wordly Wise? I have that good ol' Public School education so I am a tad curious.

    ReplyDelete