Tuesday, May 3, 2011

a view from the poopy seat

There are VIP seats.

There are cheap seats.

And there are poopy seats. Today, the poopy seats is where I found myself in the middle of the afternoon when a certain someone should have been napping.

As I was changing the poopy "seat" of my on-the-way-to-being-potty-trained-almost-three-year-old, I had the perfect view of some special people.

And speaking of that almost-three-year-old, check this out:











































Yep, that's my girl!

Anyway, back to my view from the poopy seat story.

Looking across the room and out my front glass door, I saw two boys. One African, one Russian. One very dark, one very pale. They sat on the sidewalk with a plastic bin full of sidewalk chalk. They were busy drawing and shading with the assortment of colors. They were intense and focused.

Our host child drew the flag of his country, Ethiopia.

Our son drew some artsy design.

Also from my view, I caught a glimpse of my kind neighbor, who surprised me today with a gorgeous necklace for Mother's Day. Her and her husband's thoughtfulness and generosity pretty much left me in tears.

I could see my little blonde-haired daughter too. She was out there, watching those boys create. Hands on hips, peering down at their work, it looked as if she was inspecting the quality.

As I rolled up and bagged the remains of the poopy "seat", I was actually thankful that I saw such precious people amidst the dirty work!

And now for the Chalk-work presentation:























No comments:

Post a Comment