Just check out these statistics:
- It is estimated that two children are sold into slavery every minute
- There are more than 300,000 prostitutes in Thailand alone
- These women and children produce an approximate annual income of $27 billion
- Close to $300 million is transferred every year to rural families by women engaged in prostitution in urban areas
- Right now, as you read this, women are sacrificing their dignity and self-worth in order to provide for themselves and their families. This is an issue of poverty.
We must not ignore the enormity of the issue. We can make a difference. Let's start by lacing up our running shoes (or walking shoes) and bring awareness to the issue and financial aid to the victims.
What can you do to make a difference? Join us for the race in Maryland!
Location: Beachmont Christian Ministries
Check in begins at: 7:30 a.m. (pick up race t-shirts and racing bib)
Race begins at: 8:30 a.m.
More information & details about how to register can be found at:
Run for them. Run for freedom. Run for their lives.