Thursday, November 4, 2010

takin' it all in

When my little fam' made the decision to be a foster family in April 2008, we never expected to be where we are now. I didn't at least. Matt always had a sense that we would end up adopting our first placements. Not so with me.

In May of 2008, two little munchkins joined our family. They are still with us, after 2 1/2 years. Looks like we're going to adopt them. This was God's plan from the very beginning, and I am still in awe of the many twists and turns we've taken on this road of fostering to adoption.

Adopting via foster care is almost always an "open adoption". Having only adopted internationally, this is new to me and I am takin' it all in. I want to learn all that I can about what is best for the child(ren) regarding appropriate contact with their birth families. There is a way to walk this out that will bring glory to Jesus and that is what I am after; not what is easiest on us, what others we respect may think we should do, or even what seems to makes sense. These books are a tool and only a tool.

I'm pretty sure that the road ahead will have all new twists and turns for our family.

But isn't that true for all of us?

No comments:

Post a Comment