Friday, March 4, 2011

abbie's debut

Last year our family rented a beautiful beach house in Litchfield Beach, which is just South of Myrtle Beach. We love the area and first learned of it through friends who vacation at nearby Pawley's Island.

Each year Dunes Realty runs a photography contest. I love taking pictures and decided to give it a shot. After all, monetary prizes were awarded that could be put toward our next year's rental.

When we got our new Dunes Realty vacation magazine in the mail, Stephen came running in, pages flying open, yelling, "Mom...Abbie's in here...Abbie's in here!"

I have to admit, it was pretty cool.

Before I share the photograph, let me tell you what I was going for. The marketing slogan for Litchfield beach is:

No neon. No noise. No nerve wracking traffic.
What we have is great.
What we don't have is even better.

I wanted to take a photograph that highlighted the stretch of unspoiled beach beside the dunes.
















By the way, the prize was a whopping $25 and a Dunes Realty t-shirt. :-)


1 comment:

  1. Awwww, beautiful photo! Congratulations!!! I wish you won a free vacation! :)

    ReplyDelete