Tuesday, March 22, 2011

similies


So on Thursdays after our Homeschool Co-Op day, I teach literature to Scott Dubell and my very own Stephen. Jayda weaseled into this picture because she loves to be near "Gotty".

Teach is actually too strong of a verb. I would say that I attempt to lead a discussion that highlights a portion of the book they are reading. Attempt is the key word. These boys love to talk. And talk. And talk.

Last week we discussed the author's usage of similies and how they helped us to better understand the description of something.


For fun and because I need to have something to show for our time together, we came up with a few of our own.

Here's what the boys came up with:

Stephen:

My iMac is as fast as a cheetah.


Scotty:

My compaq is as quick as a turtle.

My dad’s dell is as quick as a snail.


Stephen:

Scott’s socks smell as bad as pancake batter a day old.


Scotty:

The fog was as thick as Texas toast.


Stephen:

Jayda’s diaper was as wet as the Pacific Ocean.


The last was a very true statement. Very true.


I like Scott's use of sarcasm in his first similie. :-)


2 comments: