Friday, June 10, 2011

price's + smith's = fun

A simple equation that is always true:

Price's + Smith's = fun

Even amidst bumped heads on banisters, slamming doors knocking little ones over, boo boos on toes, reluctant apologizers, toys in the cat dish, missing mommy, and catching killer spiders...

*Please note that this equation is also true for all adult Price's and Smith's.

To quote the wise Forrest Gump, from Forrest Gump:

"My momma always said, "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

I had no plans today - none at all - so when my phone buzzed with a text from Amanda asking if three of her children could come over while she took Keely to the eye doctors, I was happy to say "YES!"

When I told my youngest two, they immediately started jumping up and down, yelling, "Lila...baby Maelyn...Ezwa...Keelwy!"

My "box of chocolates" today ended up being delightful at just about every turn.

Here's a little smattering of pictures from our day...


Ezra reads to everyone. I am so proud of him! He had a captive audience.














Lila shows Jayda the boo boo on her foot. Of course Jayda has to touch it; this kid finds a reason to touch everything!













Stephen looks for Nazareth, a small town in Ethiopia.














David plays the part of the reluctant sailor.


















There were big feet and dark chunky feet...














And little white baby feet...looking for Mommy.














Busy hands, sorting through cars...














Washing phones in kitty cat's water dish...














..while her Mommy, and my taller-than-me friend tries to catch a spider. He may look small in the picture, but he was hairy, fast, and had three white spots on his back.


















Clearly he was no match for Amanda and as a result, spun a new web inside of a ziplock container.














The only bad part about this box of chocolates (and really most) is that there are never enough! Surrounded by a bit of chaos, Amanda and I start and stop many conversations.

"What was I saying?"

"Did I just tell you that?"

"What were we talking about?"

Hours are breezing by and it's past nap time. Time for her crew to get going. Yeah, we'll finish those conversations.

Someday.

Loaded up to the max with children - well almost - their van pulls away...

And freedom waits on the other side for...



















Because a ziplock container is not a proper home for a white-spotted, hairy, black, spider. He takes a while to leave his plastic prison, but he eventually crawls out and then up the tree, blending in perfectly with the bark.

And a little freedom comes my way too...




No comments:

Post a Comment