Tuesday, September 4, 2007

1sd 2007

"Heaven" was the theme of this year's 1SD (One Single Day) event and what a treat it was to hear C.B. Eder preach on our eternal home!

His message was entitled "Bags Packed and Ready to Go." He began by asking us a few questions:

  • am I living packed up and ready to go?....my answer, no. I'm not packed up and I don't want to go right now.

  • is Jesus everything to me?....I want him to be but on most days I'm running after other things.

  • am I so in love with Jesus that to die is gain?...I don't want to die, I want to see my kids grow up.

  • am I more concerned with the trivial than I am with the eternal?....yep, the trivial often rules me.


 



C.B. referenced a message that really impacted him entitled, "Joys Eternal Increase" by Sam Storms. It is actually on the Desiring God website and I wanted to provide you with the link which will allow you to watch or listen to the sermon.

http://www.desiringgod.org/ResourceLibrary/MediaPlayer/2245/Video/


If you're anything like me, and I hope you're not, messages from retreats and conferences and even Sunday services can fade away rather quickly if I am not careful to go back over my notes and apply a bit of truth that I learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment