Sunday, February 27, 2011

the faces that i know

These are the little faces that I am used to seeing.
every.
single.
day.


























































But in the middle of April, I will be seeing another little face.

He is the face of a 10 year old Ethiopian boy that our family has the joy of taking care of for about a month. We are part of a team of host families that are participating in the Welcoming Angels program.

What will he look like? Will he smile a big ol' smile? Will he have dimples? Will his eyes be bright? Will he be tall or short?

I can't wait to meet him at Dulles Airport. I know my heart will be racing. Racing while waiting.

Because of confidentiality purposes, I will never be able to share a picture of him on my blog. I hope you get to meet him though, and see for yourself this new little face.







1 comment:

  1. I thought that hosting just meant like donating money to help with cost of living. I didn't realize this is actually taking care of the child in your home for a month! That is really awesome!!! I would love to do something like that!

    ReplyDelete