Monday, April 18, 2011

it's happening

Sitting in Panera - thanks to my husband who told me to scram and get some alone time...not in those words.

I've got a hot coffee.

A book.

My daytimer.

And my macbook.

Waiting for an email with confirmation that the Ethiopian children made it on the plane. Doing a little reading of Kathryn Stockett's The Help in between. It's so hard to wait and I thought that reading this highly acclaimed book would help with the distraction. The title itself should've proved this would work (bad joke?). Well, I managed to read two whole pages when I decided to check my email again.

The subject line read:

The kids are on the plane!

My heart skipped a beat with excitement.

Who cares about "The Help"?

Who cares about hot coffee?

Who cares about daytimers?

I can't say, Who cares about macbooks because I love it too much to be sarcastic.

I've got a 10 year old Ethiopian child that speaks just a touch of English coming to be a part of our family for a month. It's happening. It's really happening this time!

Headed home to share the great news with my children. There will be some serious celebrating at the Smith house tonight!






1 comment: